Sunday, November 1, 2009

New puppy


I experienced the hardest thing i have experienced this week. I recieved a call thursday afternoon from my uncle. I was at work so i didnt answer but i listened to the voicemail, and at that moment my heart stopped. My puppy Duke of 7 months was ran over and killed. Duke was my bestfriend, he went everywhere with me! So for the past few days i have been having to adjust to not having my Dukee around. So after i sat at home by myself Friday i came to the conclusion that i couldnt take it anymore and i needed a new puppy. So, on Saturday, my mom my boyfriend and i ventured out to get us a new puppy. We went up to an amish farm in cashton. My boyfriend got out of the car and asked if they had any puppies left and he said yes one male. I was really excited because we wanted a male, and i would have been heart broken if they didnt have any puppies left! We walked over the the kennel that they kept the dogs in, and as soon as i saw him my heart melted and I new he was mine! We have been having a good weekend getting used to the new puppy, but its a big adjustment for me and my whole family not have duke around. Now we have Cope!

1 comment:

  1. One day last March, my dog of 11 years died while I was at work. I could not believe the grief I felt over losing Sadie. I think that people who have never lost a pet don't understand how devastating the loss can be. I am so glad you have gotten a new puppy. It will definately help the healing.

    ReplyDelete